Farmstanding Makes it Easier for People to Find You and Buy From You
Adding a listing for your farm or business on Farmstanding makes it easy for people to find your sales information when they search for food options for delivery or pickup in their area.
Creating a listing is free, and the information in your listing becomes searchable the moment you publish it.
- Share pickup or delivery information: Your business will show up in search results for any area where you sell
- List available products: You’ll be found in product-specific searches like “oysters” or “eggplant” for any items you list
- Include all locations where you have a shop or offer pickup: They’ll be linked together, and they’ll all appear in relevant searches so you get found in more places.
- Add sales information: Link your existing online shop, share written sales instructions, or enable free online ordering through Farmstanding. When customers find you in searches, they’ll know how to buy from you.
Farmstanding helps you get customers everywhere you sell or deliver your products so you can reach beyond your primary address and neighborhood more easily.
Here’s a screenshot of a listing in Massachusetts with multiple searchable locations that has linked their listing to the online shop on their website (or view the live listing here):
Option to Add an Online Shop: Like Shopify, but Free and Built for Farmers
Farmstanding also offers free shops, built specifically for farmers selling right now during COVID-19. After you add a listing for your business, you’ll be able to create a free online shop with 1 click.
When you set up your shop, customers who find you in search results will go directly to your shop page where they can select your products, select one of your available pickup locations, and check out.
With Farmstanding shops you can:
- Set available pickup locations and times for customers to select from at checkout. Choose from all of your listed locations or any farmers’ markets where you sell.
- Set an ordering window so your shop automatically opens for orders every week on specific days. For example, you can allow orders from Monday at 9am until Wednesday at 5pm, and then offer a pickup time on Thursday at 12pm-3pm.
- Add and manage your products and inventory as they change throughout the season.
- View, process, or export customer orders, and review stats and sales reports.
Farmstanding’s free shops are set up to allow offline payment processing. That means you can choose how you want to accept payments – Venmo, credit cards over the phone at pickup, or any other way that works for you. You’ll add instructions in your shop settings which customers will see at checkout and in their order receipt and confirmation email. The final transaction is up to you, with no extra fees.
Online payment processing will also be available as an option by June 2020, which will let you accept payments through Farmstanding by credit/debit card and other methods.
Here are screenshots of what shops look like to customers and how the management area works:
If you have any questions about Farmstanding or if you need help getting set up, please email me at email@example.com.