Farmstanding helps you the share schedule, product, and sales information for your farmers’ market and your vendors to more people with less effort.
Get Found by More People: in Farmers’ Market Searches, Product Searches, or from Vendor Pages
Creating a listing is free, and you can link to any of your vendors on Farmstanding with one click. You’ll immediately become searchable in all of the following ways:
- You’ll show in search results for farmers’ markets when you’re within the search radius the customer selects (10, 15, 20 miles, etc.)
- You’ll show in search results as a pickup location for all your connected vendors for the products and categories they list. For example, if you link to a farm offering produce and someone searches for produce pickup near your address, they’ll find your farmers’ market in the results.
- You’ll appear on each vendor’s listing page as an additional pickup location. Once you’ve linked to a vendor, your information will show in the sidebar of their listing, so people will find your farmers’ market from any of your vendor’s pages.
Here’s are screenshots of the ways Farmstanding will help your information be found, using the Ashfield Farmers’ Market in Massachusetts as an example:
Share Current Sales Info for Your Vendors with Minimal Setup and Maintenance
Farmstanding makes it easy for you to offer up-to-date information for all of your vendors with minimal setup and maintenance.
All you need to do is create your listing and link to your vendors with 1 click. A list of your linked vendors will automatically appear on your page with links to their details pages where people can view contact and sales information.
Vendors can manage their own listings, so even if their products or sales methods change throughout the season, you won’t need to change a thing. You can add or remove vendors any time with 1 click as needed.
Your farmers’ market listing will provide a central, searchable resource of updated information for all of your vendors, all season long.
Here’s a screenshot of the Ashfield, Massachusetts farmers’ market listing with multiple linked vendors (or view the live listing here):
How Vendor Sales Work on Farmstanding
Farmstanding is flexible for vendors, allowing them to share sales info in the way that works best for them. They have the following options:
- Simply share purchase instructions in their details, such as “please text your order”
- Share a link to their existing online shop, which will appear as a “Shop Now” button on their page
- Set up free online pre-ordering for pickup to their location or your farmers’ market by enabling a Farmstanding shop
Your farmers’ market page provides a central hub that will support your vendors in any way they choose to sell. Customers can click through to vendor pages and purchase according to the vendor’s chosen method.
Online Pre-Ordering for Pickup at Your Farmers’ Market
As a farmers’ market, there are two ways to enable online preordering to your market:
- You can create your own shop with pre-ordering for pickup at your farmers’ market
- Vendors can create shops and select your farmers’ market as an available pickup location
Shops for Farmers’ Markets
When you create a free Farmstanding shop for your farmers’ market, you have complete control over the products sold and the payment options available at your market.
- Set your available pickup locations and times for customers to select from at checkout. If your farmers’ market is open multiple days, you can offer all options.
- Set an ordering window so your shop automatically opens for orders every week on specific days. For example, you can allow orders from Monday at 9am until Wednesday at 5pm, and then offer a pickup time on Thursday at 12pm-3pm.
- Add and manage your products and inventory as they change throughout the season. Coming soon, you’ll be able to set up a marketplace offering products from any of your linked vendors
- View, process, or export customer orders, and review stats and sales reports.
Farmstanding’s free shops are set up to allow offline payment processing. That means you can choose how you want to accept payments – Venmo, credit cards over the phone at pickup, or any other way that works for you. You’ll add instructions in your shop settings which customers will see at checkout and in their order receipt and confirmation email. The final transaction is up to you, with no extra fees.
Online payment processing will also be available as an option by June 2020, which will let you accept payments through Farmstanding by credit/debit card and other methods.
Here are screenshots of what shops look like to customers and how the management area works:
Vendor Shops with Your Farmers’ Market as a Pickup Location
When a vendor enables a free Farmstanding shop, they can add your farmers’ market as an available pickup location for customers to select at checkout.
This means you can offer online pre-ordering for pickup at your market by having your vendors 1) create a free shop and 2) select your farmers’ market as an available pickup location. Orders can be prepared beforehand and delivered to consumers in a safe, socially-distanced way when they arrive at your market.
Here are screenshots of the customer checkout process and the management area where vendors set available pickup locations:
Marketplace Coming Soon!
By June 1, 2020 you’ll able to turn your shop into a marketplace where you can offer products from any of your linked vendors, in addition to any products you create and manage yourself.
- You will still be able to add any of your own products
- You will be able to select any of your linked vendors and offer their products through your shop
When customers checkout, you’ll receive order information for the complete order, and vendors will receive order information for any products in the order that are theirs. They will see that the customer’s selected pickup location is the location and time of your farmers’ market.
You’ll still have complete control over the pickup location, payment method, and ordering availability for your farmers’ market’s shop.
Here’s a preview of the farmers’ market virtual marketplace:
If you have any questions about Farmstanding or you need help getting set up please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.